You might like
You are in:
- Cherry Muffins
Great for lunchboxes and picnics, children can spend ages removing the pit and the muffin mix is very easy for young children to stir. Make sure all the pits are removed before giving fresh cherries to children under 3 years of age.
- 200g fresh cherries, destalked and pitted
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 75g melted butter
- 175ml milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp Morello cherry jam
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 5.
- Use a round bladed knife to cut the cherries into two and scoop out the pit, or use a cherry pitter.
- Place all the ingredients, except the jam, into a bowl and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture equally into 12 muffin cases in a 12 hole muffin tin. Place 1 teaspoon of cherry jam into each muffin case and cover with mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Aga: roasting oven, shelf on bottom set of runners for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe published with kind permission from Beverley Glock.