Sausage, Tomato & Mozzarella Melt
Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Put the tomatoes in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and thick. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Place the ciabatta bases on a baking tray. Spread with the tomato sauce and top with the sliced sausages and mozzarella. Grind over some pepper, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Lay the ciabatta tops on the baking tray and return to the oven for a few minutes, until these slices are toasted and the cheese topping on the others is bubbling.
To serve, lay some basil leaves on the bubbling mozzarella and top with the toasted ciabatta tops.
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ciabatta
- 4 cooked sausages, sliced on the diagonal
- 150g mozzarella
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful basil leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
22.3p per 100g
£1.40 per kg
19.1p per 100g
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
44.8p per 10g
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
£7.60 per kg
17.5p per 10g
5d* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day
£2.75 per kg
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
Recipe published with permission from Quadrille.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-Sep-2016. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.