Avocado and Cucumber Soup
Peel the cucumbers, quarter lengthways and remove the seeds. Dice a quarter and set aside for the garnish. Roughly chop the rest, place in a blender with half the lemon juice and whiz until smooth.
Halve, stone and peel the avocados. Finely chop one avocado half to use for the garnish. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and set aside with the diced cucumber. Tip the rest of the avocados into the blender.
Blend the avocados with the puréed cucumber, Greek yoghurt and Worcestershire sauce until very smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper, and add lemon juice to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
For the garnish, combine the diced cucumber and avocado with the red onion and tomato. Toss with the olive oil and shredded basil.
Taste the chilled soup for seasoning and add a splash of cold water if it is too thick. Pour into four chilled bowls and spoon the garnish into the centre. Add a drizzle of olive oil and grind over a little pepper to serve.
- 2 large cucumbers, about 400g each, chilled
- 1 lemon, juice (or to taste)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprinkle sea salt
- 1 sprinkle black pepper
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 basil leaves, finely shredded
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
Price per 100g: 27.6p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
Price each: 37.5p
Price per 10g: 32.8p
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
7d+* Product life guaranteed for 7 days including delivery day, with an average of 16 days.
Price per 100g: 43.3p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Price each: £1.25
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 12 days.
Price per kg: £2.30
Price per 100g: 19.1p
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
Price per 10g: 41.3p
Price per 100ml: 59.6p
Recipe published with permission from Quadrille.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Mar-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.