You might like
You are in:
- Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 300g icing sugar , sifted
- 50g unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 125g cream cheese, cold
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed.
- Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Do not overbeat, as it can quickly become runny.
Recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook (Tarek Malouf and the Hummingbird Bakers) published with kind permission of Ryland, Peters and Small.