You might like
You are in:
- Ultimate Sandwich
An epic sandwich with layers of texture, flavour and yumminess….
Recipe by Arthur Potts Dawson as part of the cheFHM series.
- 1 rosemary foccacia
- 250g cap mushrooms, chopped
- 50ml mayonnaise
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 100g roasted red peppers
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 80g oak smoked ham slices
- 80g mozzarella slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 25g rocket salad
- 3 pinches sea salt
- 3 pinches black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Chop up the mushrooms and cut the flatbread into two pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms, in a little olive oil, over a high heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise onto the bread.
- De-core and dice the lettuce onto one half of the sandwich, before adding salt and pepper.
- Now add strips of the roasted red peppers, and a few sundried tomatoes.
- Now generously spoon on wholegrain mustard.
- Add layers of smoked ham and mozzarella.
- Peel, finely chop, and add the onion to satisfaction.
- Add the fried mushrooms.
- Finish the sandwich by dressing with rocket salad, seasoning with salt and pepper, and adding the second layer of bread.
Recipe published with permission from Arthur Potts Dawson