You might like
You are in:
- Smoked Haddock and Leek Gratin
Smoked Haddock and Leek Gratin
- 400g smoked haddock
- 300ml milk
- 50g butter
- 3 leeks , (approx 600g)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 100g bread
- 75g gruyère
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 190c/ Gas5.
- Place the haddock in a pan along with the milk. Bring to the boil, then turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Leave covered for 10 minutes.
- Wash, trim and finely slice the leeks.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the leeks. Cook stirring frequently until softened and reduced.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir. Cook for 1 minute. Now add the milk from the fish and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Remove the skin from the fish and discard. Flake the fish into the leek mixture, season to taste and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Finely chop the bread, grate the cheese and then mix the two together.
- Spoon the fish mixture into a large shallow ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the bread and cheese and then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with green vegetables.