- Chocolate Flapjacks
Family baking - delicious to bake and eat with all the family.
Taken from "Unwrapped - Green and Black's Chocolate Recipes" copyright Kyle Cathie Ltd.
- 350g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 450g rolled or porridge oats
- 6 tbsps Green and Black's cocoa powder
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 140C/275F/Gas Mark 2. Use a 17 x 28cm baking tray or roasting tin.
- Butter the baking tray.
- Melt the butter, syrup and both sugars in the saucepan. Do not allow them to bubble. Mix in the oats and the cocoa.
- Use a fork to press the mixture into the baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes. The flapjack needs to cook to the centre but you don't want them to bubble, otherwise they will be too toffee-like. They should stay moist.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing up. Leave to cool completely before removing from the tray.
- Hint: these flapjacks are delicious with 2 tablespoons of dessicated coconut, or a handful of sultanas added with the oats. Equally tasty is 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, but you will also need a handful of extra oats because the seeds will make the flapjacks oily.
Recipe published with permission of Green and Black's.