Amaretto Buttercream Icing
In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, milk, vanilla extract and half the icing sugar until smooth - this will take a few minutes using an electric hand mixer. Gradually add the remainder of the icing sugar to produce a buttercream of a creamy and smooth consistency.
Add the amaretto or almond extract and beat well. You should taste the icing at this stage as you may wish to add another ¼ tsp to make it a little stronger.
The buttercream can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature. Before re-using, beat well.
- 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 60ml semi-skimmed milk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 500g icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ tsp amaretto liqueur or almond extract, this could be increased according to your preferred taste
Makes 15 regular cupcakes
Total time required
- Preparation time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
£3.80 per kg
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 9.5 days.
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
£3.90 per 100ml
£1.56 per kg
Recipe published with permission from Kyle Cathie.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.