You might like
You are in:
- Cauliflower Cheese
Lactofree community member Liz Dunning created a recipe for cheesy cauliflower using Lactofree products - the perfect accompaniment to any meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ stock cube , (poultry)
- 125g plain flour , gluten-free or normal
- 1 slosh Lactofree semi-skimmed or whole
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 block Lactofree semi-hard cheese , grated
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower , or your choice of vegetable or pasta
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pour a little olive oil into a small saucepan and warm gently.
- Add about ¼ of a stock cube and about half a cup of flour. Work into a paste and cook for one minute.
- Add a good slosh of Lactofree Semi-Skimmed/Whole and continue to stir over the heat until it thickens, adding a little more if you need it. (Note: Gluten free flour requires about 1/3 more Lactofree Semi-Skimmed/Whole than regular flour)
- Add a sprinkle of nutmeg and some grated Lactofree cheese, keep stirring and adding more cheese until you reach the right consistency.
- In another pan, steam some cauliflower, drain and mix with the cheese sauce.
- Top with grated Lactofree cheese, and put it under the grill until crispy.
Recipe published with permission from Arla Foods.