You might like
You are in:
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- 100g Stork , at room temperature
- 60g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 200g plain flour
- 10g baking powder
- 200g grated carrots
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 120g icing sugar
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice , and 1 tbsp of lemon zest
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You will need a 22cm round cake tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl mix the Stork with brown sugar and honey with a spoon or mixer for 5-8 minutes (it takes longer if you use a spoon). Stir in the milk, egg, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt over the bowl and fold into the batter. Fold the grated carrots and the chopped walnuts into the batter. Spoon the batter into a prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until cooked. Leave to rest for 2 minutes before tipping the cake out onto a wire rack to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the icing sugar with the cream cheese. Then add the lemon juice. Once the cake is cool, spoon the icing mixture over the top.
Recipe kindly provided by Stork