Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Fry the onion and garlic until soft and light golden brown.
Add the Quorn Mince, spices and bay leaves, fry for 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock and green pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the kidney beans and cook for 5 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with the water to a smooth paste. Stir into the Quorn chilli to thicken. Cook gently for a further 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and discard. Serve immediately with Jacket potatoes or boiled rice. Accompany with tacos, crème fraiche and freshly chopped red chillies.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 300g Quorn Mince
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g tinned tomatoes , chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 green pepper , de-seeded and chopped
- 400g red kidney beans , tinned
- 2 tsp cornflour
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
7d+* Product life guaranteed for 7 days including delivery day, with an average of 11.5 days.£1.35
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
59.7p per 100g
56.9p per 10g
39.8p per 10g
£2.49 per 10g
11.3p per 100g
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
18.3p per 100g
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
30p per 100g
Recipe published with permission from Quorn.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 10-Feb-2016. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.