- Roast Rib of Beef with Mustard Crust
Roast Rib of Beef with Mustard Crust
Grab the glory with my mustard-rubbed beef rib – a magnificent non-traditional meal on Christmas day.
With something as robust as mustard-rubbed beef, you need a wine that really packs in the flavour. I’d suggest Waitrose Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2006 – full-bodied, fruity, and with a hint of spice to complement that mustard. A real (thoroughbred) dark horse!
- 2.3 kg rib of beef
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas5.
- Stand the beef in a roasting tin. Mix together the breadcrumbs, mustard powder and oil to form a thick paste.
- Press the paste over the fat of the beef, allow to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes for medium or 30 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes for well done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in a warm place for 20 minutes before carving.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine