Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3 and grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread with butter both sides. Arrange the buns in an ovenproof dish layering the cross sides face up on top.
In a small pan add the cream and milk and heat until just warm.
In a small bowl add the eggs and egg yolk, pour over the heated cream and milk and whisk thoroughly. Add the yogurt, whisk again.
Pour the mixture over the buns a little at a time, ensuring it has time to soak in.
Sprinkle the pudding with demerara sugar and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for approx 30 minutes the resulting pudding should be puffed up, set and golden brown
- 4 hot cross buns
- 15g Rachel's organic unsalted butter
- 320ml Rachel's organic double cream
- 100ml Rachel's organic whole milk
- 3 eggs, 2 whole eggs and one yolk
- 100g Rachel's greek style natural bio live yoghurt
- 1 tsp demarara sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
7d+* Product life guaranteed for 7 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 61 days.
£7.00 per kg
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 17.5 days.
44.4p per 100g
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
3d* Product life guaranteed for 3 days excluding delivery day
£1.15 per litre
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 18 days.
£2.70 per kg
Recipe published with permission from Rachel's.
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.