You might like
You are in:
Traditionally made to use up store cupboard items, milk, eggs and flour before a period of Lent fasting, beginning on Shrove Tuesday. Far too delicious to make just once a year, try serving with fruit and maple syrup, or even bananas and chocolate sauce.
- 100g plain flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 1 dash vegetable oil , for frying
- 8 wedges lemons, to serve
- 8 sprinklings caster sugar, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Blend flour and salt together in a bowl. Make a hollow in the centre and add the egg.
- Whisk the egg into flour and then gradually add milk, until all the flour is worked in and the batter is smooth.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat until hot. Pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until underside is golden brown. Turn over or flip pancake and cook the other side for a further minute. For smaller pancakes add less batter and cook for slightly less time.
Recipe published with permission of Baking Inspiration.