Passover Lemon Chicken
This is one of my favourite Pesach chicken dishes as it ticks all the boxes for the ideal family evening meal ~ quick to make, requires few ingredients and more over very tasty and everyone loves it!
The chicken is coated in an egg white and potato flour mixture before it is stir fried. The tart lemon sauce goes very well with the delicate flavour of the chicken. Unlike many versions which have a cloying sweetness, this recipe balances tartness with sweet.
I like to serve it with spring onion mash potato and shredded spring cabbage~just perfect to soak up the tasty sauce.
Please ensure all ingredients are suitable before purchasing them.
Combine the chicken pieces with the egg white, garlic and potato flour in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until moderately hot. Add the chicken pieces in batches and stir fry them quickly in the oil to keep them from sticking.
Return the first batch of cooked chicken to the frying pan. Turn up the heat, pour in the lemon juice and cook for 1 final minute. Add the spring onions and garnish with lemon slices.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsps potato flour
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of 1, the other cut into slices to garnish
- 1 spring onion, chopped diagonally into 1.5cm lengths to garnish
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 20 minutes chill time
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month£1.99
Price per 100g: 31.8p
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price each: 26.5p
Price per 100ml: 65.8p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price each: 37.5p
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
Recipe published with permission from Denise Phillips.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.