£3.50£43.75 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Wild Girolles Mushrooms
- Fresh wild girolles sourced for us by foragers across Central Europe, where the mild, wet climate is ideal for these mushrooms.
- Sustainably-picked from the forest floor, where the rich undergrowth are the perfect growing conditions for these buttery, dense fungi.
- Girolles will get better as the summer goes on; they like prolonged heat in the ground with intense bursts of rain.
- Sourced during their natural season of June to December.
Take it further
- Sautéed with parsley and butter, served on sourdough.
- Stirred into a white risotto, topped with gremolata
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 2.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (33)
Totally lacking in flavour.
I used to pick these wild in Europe and they are usually bursting with flavour. These taste of almost nothing and are rather dry. Bought on FS - would not buy again.
Look quite nice but otherwise a bit dry and bland. Nothing special about them no reason to pay so much extra vs normal mushrooms. Tried them in a miso broth and a halloumi/mushroom/sriracha bao bun didn't add anything compared to using other cheaper mushrooms.
Some are dry, others are rotten
I remember the times when Natoora was sourcing them in Scotland. Girolles were great then. Now they come from far away and when they reach us half of them are dry, half are rotten. There is no flavour in them and they smell of mould, not of forrest like they should. Not buying them anymore as long as they are not sourced locally again.
Large meaty and delicious
When Natoora is good it is very good and luckily for me this was one of those times. Made veal escalopes with girolle sauce. Yummy
how can you sell this?
This has just arrived half eaten by what I presume are snails and half rotten. Do they really have a quality c trop process at Natoora? I really doubt it as its systematic with their products. Never again.
only a few...coming from the US!
seriously i dont understand how it is possible to source this mushroom from the usa when it is a species that comes from europe. i am seriously shocked.