£3.99£11.40 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Sicilian Datterini Tomatoes
- Far too many Sicilian tomatoes are aggressively grown, using hydroponics and hormones
- Ours are bee-pollinated and rich in minerals from the volcanic soil
- We only work with two growers, Francesco and Bartolomeo
- Their tomatoes have intense, concentrated sweetness
- Because they are sun-ripened and minimally watered
- Vines will be dry from the extreme heat, and the fruit will detach easily, but these are signs of quality
Take it further
- Segment and stir make a raw pasta sauce: with fennel seeds, chilli, garlic and marjoram
- Make a roast datterini and ricotta tart
- Add to lunchboxes as an alternative to fruit
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 2.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (13)
great little tomatoes.
Small sweet and ripe
Very small sweet tomatoes, perfect for summer salads. Very ripe though so not sure how long theyll keep.
Variable quality - not enough shelf life
First week I had these they were on offer, they were good and lasted in the fridge till the end of the week Second week - most were over ripe I asked for refund, but thought I would try again Third week: not so bad as previous week, but 2 days after delivery no longer good raw - so ripe only way to use them is to cook. I won't buy again, a shame as first example was good.
horrible bitter tomatoes
First time trying these tomatoes, they have a horrible bitter taste, have requested a refund
overripe and squishy
Theyre in date and bought yesterday and I managed to salvage 9 tomatoes from the punnet. Very disappointed. Avoid
super sweet Sicilian tomatoes
But very soft skin, almost felt like they had gone past their date. Also only had 2 days shelf life, so have to eat them quick.