£2.59£12.95 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Sicilian Datterini Tomatoes
- Far too many Sicilian tomatoes are aggressively grown, using hydroponics and hormones
- Ours are bee-pollinated and rich in minerals from the volcanic soil
- We only work with two growers, Francesco and Bartolomeo
- Their tomatoes have intense, concentrated sweetness
- Because they are sun-ripened and minimally watered
- Vines will be dry from the extreme heat, and the fruit will detach easily, but these are signs of quality
Take it further
- Segment and stir make a raw pasta sauce: with fennel seeds, chilli, garlic and marjoram
- Make a roast datterini and ricotta tart
- Add to lunchboxes as an alternative to fruit
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (203)
Only half of the pack were eatable. Old and bad ones hidden underneath!
These tomatoes needs to be consumed immediately, i used them soon as i got them but they were already old, I had to throw half the box.
Most in the pack were lovely and sweet, some were watery, some were sharp and acidic. I imagine the might work well in a tomato salad, where there varied tastes would work to add extra dimensions to the flavour
Nice tomatoes but goes off quickly
Delivered on Thursday, used 2 days later and they have already started to shrivel. Was able to use in my lasagna sauce and the tomatoes tasted nice.
Used to be nice. Now inconsistently bad
These tomatoes used to be on my favourite list and I ordered them on a weekly basis. Then something changed. They arrived over-ripe, soggy, short-life, and flavourless. Shame, as they can be amazing.
I don't know why Ocado still stock Natoora, I've not had a product yet from them which isn't mouldy, mushy or way past it's use by date, if it even had one. Most of them went in the bin on the date of purchase.