FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Sicilian Unwaxed Blood Oranges
- Unwaxed Blood Oranges direct from an independent grower and his mountain groves in Sicily.
- The first variety of the season to ripen is Moro, the most highly-coloured of his blood oranges.
- This is due to a high concentration of anthocyanin, the same antioxidant that tints purple grapes. Anthocyanin is the source of the fruit¿s distinct berry flavour.
- After Moro, we will move on to the Sanguinello and then Tarocco variety from the same grower.
- Both varieties will darken in colour and intensify in flavour in the region¿s unique mild days and cold nights.
- Grown without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers.
Take it further
- Freshly squeezed juice.
- Segment, toss with thinly sliced fennel and macerated red onions.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (26)
I like these blush oranges, they are sweet and juicy. I also like Natoora's policy on packaging - recyclable! Why can't all producers do this? Until that happens, I'm buying from Natoora.
Mine went mouldy very quickly. Didn't taste nice and had to throw most away.
No blush at all.
Very disappointed with these. They had a very short shelf ( 3 days) and had no redness to their flesh whatsoever.
i love these oranges juicy and sweet
These are lovely juicy sweet oranges, but on my second purchase 2 were pretty much mouldy
Hit and miss
I have bought these oranges a few times now they are very hit and miss sometimes sweet and juicy and on other occasions mediocre the last ones were off well two out of the four were finger went straight through I would not recommend these oranges because they are not consistent enough in my opinion