FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Sicilian Unwaxed Blood Oranges
- Unwaxed Blood Oranges direct from an independent grower and his mountain groves in Sicily.
- The first variety of the season to ripen is Moro, the most highly-coloured of his blood oranges.
- This is due to a high concentration of anthocyanin, the same antioxidant that tints purple grapes. Anthocyanin is the source of the fruit¿s distinct berry flavour.
- After Moro, we will move on to the Sanguinello and then Tarocco variety from the same grower.
- Both varieties will darken in colour and intensify in flavour in the region¿s unique mild days and cold nights.
- Grown without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers.
Take it further
- Freshly squeezed juice.
- Segment, toss with thinly sliced fennel and macerated red onions.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (42)
Delicious and easy to peel
These were lovely. Great flavour and colour, and easy to peel.
I usually buy organic but I love Natoora so I decided to try these - very glad I did! They have a heavenly, delicious intense full flavour with a perfect balance of sweetness and sharpness - the depth of flavour is out of this world. They are juicy, fresh and succulent with a gorgeous vibrant, deep ruby-orange colour. They are small, but that makes them sweeter and juicier. Even my husband, who never comments on food, said "lovely oranges, best yet" - praise indeed! They are easy to peel and keep well in the fridge. I also love Natoora Organic Unwaxed Spanish Oranges which are larger and equally delicious. I love Natoora's ethics and values even when non-organic, so these are a weekly regular for me as they are perfect in every way. Another winner from Natoora!
hard choice really
Lovely flavour but they do not keep well I cannot eat them quickly enough. If you have a family who cane eat them all they are great but I live alone and I hate wasting those that go bad.
Sometimes awesome sometimes terrible
Had a pack of these two weeks ago and was brilliant good sized and plenty of life. Had two packs delivered today all dry and bruised so how can you recommend them to someone.
tiny but nice
Mixture of grapefruit and orange-nice taste although there are tiny ! Will buy again
These loose a star as they can be variable with some in the pack being more a blush than a blood orange. That said they all have that tang your looking for, just more pronounced in some than others. A favourite.