FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Sweet Delica (Kabocha) Pumpkin
- Widely grown across northern Italy, it is our grower¿s trademark dedication to flavour that sets his Delica pumpkins apart.
- Grown entirely outdoors, the Zerbinati family water their pumpkins just enough, stressing the plant to build a concentration of flavour in the flesh.
- The pumpkins are then cured for thirty days, which allows the natural sugars to develop while drastically reducing the water content for denser, highly flavoured flesh.
- We source only in their natural season of September to March.
Take it further
- Roast with sage, rosemary and extra virgin olive oil - no need to peel - Save the seeds, dry and toast with cumin and coriander
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (41)
tasty but pricy
I love Kabocha but this is way way too pricey for what it is. I only buy on offer. It is small and I find the wax on the pumpkin stem unnecessary.
very expensive but delicious
Ive bought it twice. First felt like a decadent treat at the price - really lovely - 2nd purchase was so much smaller but same high price. Felt a bit ripped off. Dont get the need for the wax - seemed plasticky. I kept the seeds to grow it myself!
I have ordered this pumpin quite a few time and never disappointed. However, this time I got very small size, which is really small for 6.50 pounds. Very disappointing and I will never order it again.
Small but tasty
small pumpkin but is great tasting when slow cooked in the oven
VERY small for the price
my pumpkin was 1096 grams making this about £6.50 per kilo. Since no indication of size/weight is given in the description I was disappointed. I can get similar pumpkins from a local organic farm for half the price! In addition, the Natoora homepage says that the farmer tops each one with red wax. The "wax" on this one was stretchy and didn't soften or become malleable when handled suggesting that it had actually been topped with unnecessary plastic. I feel that in this case consumers are being conned by a story to inflate the produce price.
Perfect for pumpkin pie
A pumpkin with low water content and intense flavour which is perfect for pumpkin pie. It is expensive but worth it as a one off treat. You get the most flesh if you cut it in half, scrape out the seeds and bake it for an hour or so. You can then just peel off the skin with your fingers.