Ocado Small Ripen at Home Avocados 4 per pack
4 days guaranteed (avg. 5.5)*
Four small avocados ready to ripen at home. The perfect size for an individual serving.
Ripen fruit at room temperature then store in the fridge once ripe.
Bring back to room temperature before eating for an improved flavour.
Ripening of Avocados:
To test if an avocado is ripe, gently, squeeze the fruit in the palm of your hand.
Ripe, ready-to-eat fruit will be firm but will yield to gentle pressure.
Ripe avocados will keep for 2-3 days, store them in the fridge to prevent over-ripening.
To accelerate ripening, place avocados in the fruit bowl alongside other fruit or, better still, put them into a paper bag with a banana or a kiwifruit.
The ethylene gas released by the other fruit will stimulate the avocados to ripen more quickly.
How to Prepare an Avocado:
1. Cut all the way around the avocado stone.
2. Twist the 2 halves of the avocado apart.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out the stone.
4. Score along the skin and peel off in strips.
Country of Origin
Country of origin may vary due to seasonality.
Country of origin may vary between Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Greece, Israel, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania.
Produced and packed for:
Ocado Retail Ltd.,
Tray & Heat Sealed
Packed with some of our favourite superfoods, at under 300 calories this incredibly healthy salad is even suitable for those on the 5:2 diet.
Once you have mastered the art of sushi rolling you can try any fillings you like!
1 hr 20 mins
Cook's Note To cut up a pepper with minimum effort, slice the top and bottom off, then cut a lengthways slit in one side – you can now “unroll” the pepper, and simply slice away the seeds and membrane. Cut the flesh into fine slices, then dice. Variation Add some chopped fresh mango to jazz things up a little.
Cook's Note Slightly bitter leaves such as curly endive are perfect for this salad. Try to buy salad leaves loose, rather than already packaged in bags, as they will keep for far longer.
Use really ripe avocados to give this soup a rich green colour. If you want to take it a step further, add some cooked lobster or flaky crabmeat, or perhaps one or two Dublin Bay prawns, to the garnish. The perfect cooling starter, this soup can also be served as a light summer lunch with a crusty baguette.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.