You might like
You are in:
- Grilled Halloumi Peppers with Honey
Grilled Halloumi Peppers with Honey
- 100g couscous
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 1 bunch spring onions , thinly sliced
- 1 medium courgette , finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 large red peppers , halved and deseeded
- 2 large yellow peppers , halved and deseeded
- 250g Halloumi cheese
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves , to serve
- 2 tbsp Rowse honey , for the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil , for the dressing
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 salt , pinch
- 1 black pepper , pinch
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Put the couscous into a bowl and add the hot vegetable stock. Leave to soak and swell for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions and courgette for 6-8 minutes, until soft and golden. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the spring onion mixture. Season.
- Preheat the grill. Arrange the pepper halves under the grill, cut sides down. Grill them for 4-5 minutes until just beginning to char slightly. Turn them over and fill them with the couscous mixture, then top them with slices of Halloumi cheese. Grill for another 4-5 minutes, until the cheese browns.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing together the honey, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme leaves and seasoning.
- Serve the peppers with the salad leaves, spooning the dressing over them.
Recipe published with permission from Rowse.